This blog was set up in 2006 as a resource for parents of multiple birth children.
Then it moved on to include journalism, fiction, media requests and advice under the 'Write away' category as well as the odd bit of nonsense about my family and eating too much cake. Then it sort of stopped. But I still pop up here now and again when the fancy takes me.
Thanks for reading.
2 New Street, Bridgtown, Cannock, Staffs, WS11 0DD.
Tagged by Littlemummy.com and Dulwich Divorcee: Some stuff about me
Erica and Alicehave passed the baton on this one, so here goes...1. What are your current obsessions?
As ever lots of things. Family and work, work and family. That's about it really. Blog wise, I'm still reeling from our Disney experience, and am blown away by the work of Camilla Chafer and Keris Stainton so far on our new travel blog, Havealovelytime.com.
2. Which item of clothes do you wear most often?
Just anything black, black and more black. If you want to know why, look here.
3. What’s for dinner tonight?
I cooked a Mexican for me, Neil and Emily and mince and baked potato for Mels who's not keen on the Mexican flavours. I watched Come Dine with Me while I was cooking it. I love that programme, it cracks me up.
4. What’s the last thing you bought?
Some whippy ice creams for my daughters from The Hollybush Garden Centre, Staffs.
5. What are you currently listening to?
Silence and I love it.
6. What TV shows are you watching at the moment?
I'm not watching much telly but am still a sucker for Mr Saturday night, John Barrowman and Britain's Got Talent. Am also addicted to Come Dine with Me. Have always been a massive Corrie fan but like Avenues and Alleyways have enjoyed the odd bit of humour on EastEnders recently - though as I said, not watching much.
7. What are you reading now?Ben Goldacre's Bad Science. I thought it was going to be difficult to read, too lofty and academic but have found it very accessible and thought-provoking - especially as I've written in the past about how crap statistics to do with multiple births can be.
8. Use four words to describe yourself?
Loved, lucky, busy, fat.
9. What is your guilty pleasure?
My children's Easter eggs. One year I swear it won't be an issue any more!
10. Who or what makes you laugh until you’re weak?
Looking at the pictures of us on rollercoasters last week, my daughters when they say things like calling (cough) panty liners' "ladies' fanny things." This post by Laura at Are We Nearly There Yet Mummy, and the comments, also had me in stitches.
11. First spring thing?
Snowdrops on a walk near Shrewsbury with my mum.
12. Where are you planning on travelling next?
To New Quay, West Wales. We go several times each year and love it.
13. What was the best thing you ate or drank recently?
Sorry to bang on about Disney but the beef we had at Citrico's at The Grand Floridan Hotel will take some beating!
14. When did you last get tipsy?
Erm, sorry to bang on about Disney...
15. Why do you blog?
Because I want to provide information about multiple births on this blog. Also see this post.16. Share a piece of wisdom.
Kindness is a strength.
17. What’s your favourite song?
Tom Jones, The Green Green Grass of Home because it makes me think of my family. Loads of other stuff too - really cheesy 80s stuff, not much since then. How sad is that? :)
18. Where’s the best place you’ve ever been?
Here’s how it works:
I tag you. You answer the questions, replace one question with a question of your choice and then tag 8 people. Simple! Here’s the 8 people I tag.
Becky at EnglishmumIan at SingleparentdadAmanda at Ohamanda.comDawn at Mom2mysixpackBecky at DeepmuckbigrakeJane at ExmoorJaneLaura at Are We Nearly There Yet MummyCamilla at Technoglam